Sunday, July 15, 2012

Knitting Rockstar

Chocolate and knittting!
version française suit

This past week, I got to try out a new product from Lisa from PetitesTuques. Since she picked up knitting when she was expecting her first child, she hasn't been able to put down her needles. She also could not stop want to create her very own designs. She has had fun experimenting with knitwear design and even has 2 published patterns on knitpicks website. Now, she has come up with a handy product to help others like herself who want to try their hand at designing their own projects: Knitting Rockstar


Lucky for me, I got to try it out this week. I find that I have always been creating my own designs, but it is not until I had my shop that others wanted to know how I did it. While I often assume that whatever came out of my head and onto the needles would be easy to replicate, I often forget what I did.






A few weeks ago when Lisa mentioned what she was working on, I got quite excited. Maybe now I might have a better chance of writing down what I knit when the creative spirit hits. Last Saturday, Julie Asselin came to the store to show me all her beautiful hand-dyed wool. Of course, they were all gorgeous and I just had to keep a skein of sorbet pink bulky yarn. I could not even wait until the next day to start working with it. It feels absolutely squishy and yummy. So, off I went to my sister-in-laws and started experimenting. I felt for cables so I fiddles a bit with a few widths of cables. Thankfully, I had the design journal with me so I could jot down a few notes, sketch what was in my mind. The abbreviations were quite helpful since I ended up sitting by the campfire for most of the creative process and my computer or other knitting books were not around. Stay tuned for the campfire tuque pattern coming out for the launch of Julie's bulky weight yarn at Mont Tricot.

Yesterday, Lisa came over to Mont Tricot and we held an informal launch party. Customer enjoyed meeting her and and getting to know more about the design process and how they too could try it. We also got sample some delicious chocolats from the new chocolate store (Chocolat Colombe) down 2 doors down. What a great mix knitting and chocolate!!!

***********
Cette semaine j'ai eu la chance d'essayer un nouveau produite de Lisa de  PetitesTuques. Depuis qu'elle a commencé a tricoté quand elle attendait son premier enfant, elle n'a pas pu lâcher ses aiguilles. En plus, elle n'a pas pu  s'empêcher de creer ses propres modèles. Elle s'amuse à experimenter avec la conception des patrons et elle a déjà publié 2 patrons sur le siteweb de knitpicks. Maintenant, elle a un produit pour aider les autres comme elle qui veulent essayer de creer ses propres modèles: Knitting Rockstar.
J'ai pu l'essayer cette semaine. J'ai toujours crée mes propres modèles mais j'ai rarement écrit ce que j'ai fait. Maintenant avec la boutique, mes clients veulent savoir comment j'ai fait mon tricot. Je présume toujours que c'est facile de reproduire ce que j'ai fait mais la réalité est que j'oublie ce que j'ai fait.


Il y a quelques semaines quand Lisa a mentionné son projet, j'étais bien contente. Peut-être maintenat j'aurai une meilleure chance à écrire ce que je tricote quand l'esprit créatif arrive. Samedi dernier, Julie Asselin est venue au magasin  pour me montrer sa belle laine teinte à la main. Quand j'ai vue sa grosse laine coleur sorbet, il fallait absolument que j'en garde un écheveau pour en jouer avec. Je ne pouvais pas attendre au lendemain. Alors, ce soir chez ma bele-soeur, j'ai commencé à experimenter. J'avais envie de faire des torsades. Donc, j,ai commencé à en essayer de plusieurs grosseurs. Heureusement, j'avais mon cahier de design avec moi et j'ai pu écrire ce que je faisais et faire quelques croquis de ce que je voulais. Les abbreviations étaient vraiment utiles surtout que j'étais au tour du camp de feu pour la plupart du temps et je n'avais ni mon ordinateur ni des livres de tricot. Restez à l'écoute pour le lancement de la tuque lors de l'arrivée de la laine de Julie chez Mont Tricot.

Hier, Lisa est venue chez Mont Tricot  et on a fait un lancement informel du cahier. Les clients ont bien appréciés de la rencontrer et en savoir plus sur le processus du design et comment eux aussi peuvent l'essayer. En plus, on a eu la chance de déguster de très bons  chocolats de la nouvelle boutique de Chocolat, Chocolats Colombe, qui est ouvert proche de Mont Tricot.

Quel beau mariage: le chocolat et le tricot!!!


1 comment: